Wednesday 6 April 2011

Bleeding heck...

Got some other pics of the front brakes - weather was lovely today - too lovely to be stuck in the garage but I had work to do! Opened the garage doors at least which allowed some daylight in to get some better photos. Still using the phone, so the lens is still too small and crap to get decent shots, but better than before:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And from below (note the wheel is on!):

Photobucket

As you can see, it's still not as pretty as some out there, but there's paint on everything, and those brakes are nice and big!

I bled the brakes today using an Ezi Bleed. These gadgets are excellent value - I have an 80 quid job that attaches to my air compressor and this does at least as good a job. Having said that, I got through 1 litre of my favourite brake fluid, ATE Super Blue (also comes in gold, so you can alternate when you flush fluid and know when you've got rid of the old), and having got the car back down on its wheels for the first time in ages, I drove it out of the garage and realised that I'm going to need to bleed them again. Bugger. Pedal needs pumping up, no hardness there at all. Still, I'm at the stage where the MOT can be booked and I can look forward to driving it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers