Wednesday 9 March 2011

it's a dirty job...

Actually, I'm not joking - what I am undertaking here is a filthy job. I am not doing this next time (!), I will get all the bits off and then send them off for blasting. If I am organised enough (which I won't be).

This is how I'm working - the garage looks a mess, and it is, but the picture makes it look as if it's really cramped, which it isn't. I've got the car high as I can get on 6 tonne axle stands, as I've said before, it makes it easy to sit at wheel height, so not constantly getting backache.

Photobucket


Everything is off that is going to come off. Here are some pictures of one side of the car having taken everything off. It's pretty grubby under there. I can totally understand why people with TVRs who like a bit of spannering get the 'while I'm there' syndrome and end up taking the body off the chassis. I'm fighting that urge now - I really don't want to put my smartly painted up parts and new bushes etc. onto this chassis that isn't anywhere near looking as nice as the parts!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've been at this chassis a bit today, and although I can't say it came up nicely, the idea is that I can get it at leasst prepped up enough to take a bit of stonechip paint so that these vunerable areas in the wheel arches stand a chance of standing up to the odd stone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also had a go at the wishbones. As it was a day with a touch of sunshine, I dragged a workmate and a selection of powertools outside to work:

Photobucket

I then set about the wishbones:

Photobucket

Stripped of everything:

Photobucket

Painted it with this:

Photobucket

Looks like this in my impromptu spray booth (the shed):

Photobucket

We're coming on slow but sure on the refurb of the suspension. Also I need to change the driveshaft gaiters, as one has split. Trying to get the CV joint off, but am stuck here:

Photobucket

Going to have to get professional help, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers